In Saint-Julien de Civry
- The church and the bell tower are Romanic (13th century). The tabernacle is from the 16th century.
Our local celebrity is Bernard Thévenet, a cyclist who twice won (1975, 1977) the Tour de France He was born in a place called Le Guidon (literally, it means the handle bar, incredible isn’t !). For the 100th anniversary of the “Tour de France” the competitors paid tribute to Bernard Thevenet passing through the village. A square was given his name.
7 km away, in Oyé
- The Chaumont castle (16 and 18th century ) : the main room, the chapel and the French gardens.
7 km away, in Varenne-L'Arconce
- The Romanic gardens of Arconce, gardens around different themes.
8 km away, in Nochize
10 km away, in Curbigny
- The Drée castle : prestigious house from the 18th century, beautifully furnished, 10 Ha park, French gardens, basins. www.chateau-de-dree.com
12 km away, in La Clayette
Bernard Dufoux, one of the best chocolate makers in France, organizes tastings and lessons, every first Wednesdays each month, www.chocolatsdufoux.com.
13 km away, in Saint-Christophe en Brionnais
Important bovine market for the Charolais. Every Wednesday, at 10 am, the market gathers stock-breeders from the region. In the restaurants, you can taste the delicious meat, for example « pot bouilli » (stock-pot) or « Entrecôte » (ribs).
The Centre of Cultural Heritage Studies : continuous exhibitions on Romanic churches, school-museum. Phone 03.85.25.90.29.
18 km away, in Anzy-le-Duc
- The church from the end of the 11th century and early 12th century. Its octagonal belfry is one of the most beautiful in Burgundy. The portal's tympanum theme is the Ascension.
19 km away, in Semur-en-Brionnais.
The Saint-Hugues castle, oldest castle in Burgundy (11th century), residence of the Semur family a powerful family of Burgundy, whose one of the sons was Saint Hugues, a great priest of Cluny
The Chapter House
23 km away, in Châteauneuf
- A village of antiques and second-hand dealers : quality goods.
24 km away, in Digoine
- The Digoine castle: beautiful 18th century castle, surrounded by a large park with ponds and French gardens. We especially love the greenhouse from 1830 and the small Italian theatre built in 1842. www.chateaudedigoine.com
24 km away, Marcigny
The Romanic churches tour : Semur-en-Brionnais, Marcigny, Iguerande et Varenne l'Arconce ; part of the « sites clunisiens » which means from Cluny.
The mill tower (15th century) with the stoneware museum, apothecary store, stone collection, a magnificent and rare cone-shaped chestnut wood frame.
The museum of Horse cars : more than 60 cars from the 19th century.
Wood houses and town houses from the 18th century.
29 km away, in Iguerande
- The Brionnais museum : Everyday life in the region between 1860 and 1950.